Study while in America

As part of the cultural exchange visa terms, you must take educational classes for no less than 6 semester hours of academic credit – this averages 3 hours per week for 30 weeks. There will be a great choice of courses available at local colleges and universities. The Community Counsellor and host family will help with selection and registration. Your host family and community counselor will help you to register at your local college (university) and choose the right course. Apart from looking good on your CV, college is the perfect place to meet new American friends of your own age and experience a different side of American life.

“I took an Interior Design course and a Computer class. Going to college is a great way to meet new people and the no-pressure environment is a great way to study”

“I really enjoyed the time I spent studying because I met wonderful people from all over the world and we used to hang out during the weekends and holidays”.