UK Ancestry Visas

Ready for your big OE? Welcome to Nannies Abroad
Ancestry Visa Information for New Zealanders
What is the Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS)?
You will qualify if you can show that you:
  • are a Commonwealth citizen
  • are aged 17 or over
  • have a grandparent who was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
  • have a grandparent who was born in what is now the Republic of Ireland prior to 31 March 1922
  • are able to work and intend to take or seek employment in the UK
  • are able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
  • If you or your parent through whom you are claiming ancestry are adopted you may still apply for entry under this category. You must present evidence of the legal adoption with your application form.
Can I work in the UK?
You must intend to take or seek employment in the UK before you can be considered for entry in this category. Nannies Abroad can supply you with the required documentation for this visa if you require it.
How long can I stay?
If you arrive with a United Kingdom Ancestry entry clearance you will be granted entry for a period of five years.
What happens after five years?
After four years you will be eligible to apply for permanent residence provided you continue to meet the requirements of the Rules for United Kingdom Ancestry and you have spent a continuous period of four years in employment in the UK in this capacity. You can get more information about applying for permanent residence from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate.
Do I need a visa?
You must obtain a visa before you travel to the UK.
We’ve got your flights and Insurance covered too.
You want to get the Best Deal on the Best Flights Right?
We can help you get going on your OE hassle free with flights to anywhere
  • You can book stopovers on the way plus get return or one way flights
  • Our IWH Travel Department will find you the best flights – without loopholes – they will tell you about any nasty extra fees before you book (just in case)
  • They can help with getting you the most suited insurance policy for your placement and other travel
  • They can arrange arrival accommodation if it’s needed (some visas require it)
  • They can check what visa you need