UK YMS Visas

Ready for your big OE? Welcome to Nannies Abroad
Working Holiday visa
What is the Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS)?
The working holidaymaker scheme is an arrangement where a NZ citizen aged between 18 and 30 can come to the United Kingdom (UK) for an working holiday for up to two years. The Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS), for which New Zealand nationals are eligible, was launched on 27 November 2008 to replace the old Working Holiday Maker (WHM) Scheme. The scheme allows young New Zealanders between the ages of 18 and 30 to work in the UK for the whole of the two years compared to just one year under the previous scheme.
What is the Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS)?
You qualify as a working holidaymaker if:
  • you are a New Zealand citizen;
  • you want to come to the UK to take employment as an integral part of a working holiday;
  • you do not have any dependent children
  • you can support and accommodate yourself without help from public funds
  • you have the means to pay for your return, or onward journey
  • you plan to leave the UK at the end of your holiday
How long can I stay?
You can only stay and work in the UK for two years, from the date you first enter the UK in this category. We will count any time you spend outside the UK during that period as part of the two years.
What work can I do?
The Youth Mobility Scheme does not place any restrictions on the type of work you can do. There is also no restriction on the amount of work that you can do (part-time or full-time).
Do I need a visa ?
Unless you have an EU passport you will need a visa to work in the UK
What funds will I need to qualify as a working holidaymaker for the UK?
For the YMS you need to prove you have £1800 (approx $3700-3800NZ).
When does the visa start?
As you may enter the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme for 2 years from the date you enter in this category, it is advisable to tell the Entry Clearance Officer when you intend to travel so that the entry clearance can be deferred to that date. The validity of the entry clearance can be deferred for up to 3 months from the date of issue.
Can Nannies Abroad/International Working Holidays help me get a YMS Visa?
We’ve got your flights and Insurance covered too.
You want to get the Best Deal on the Best Flights Right?
We can help you get going on your OE hassle free with flights to anywhere
  • You can book stopovers on the way plus get return or one way flights
  • Our IWH Travel Department will find you the best flights – without loopholes – they will tell you about any nasty extra fees before you book (just in case)
  • They can help with getting you the most suited insurance policy for your placement and other travel
  • They can arrange arrival accommodation if it’s needed (some visas require it)
  • They can check what visa you need